– New sponsors include Tim Hortons, AMJ, and Bauer –
– Rogers Hometown Hockey set to hit 24 communities for 2017-18 season, beginning October 7-8 in Niagara Falls –
TORONTO (September 27, 2017) – Rogers™ Hometown Hockey™ Tour presented by Scotiabank and Dodge is pleased to announce the seven returning and three new partners on board for the 2017-18 season. The brands will be featured prominently as part of interactive fan activations at the two-day festival each weekend, as well as on the Sunday NHL national broadcast on Sportsnet.
“Rogers Hometown Hockey has become a staple on the hockey calendar, due in large part to the support we receive from these world-class partners,” said Anthony Attard, Vice-President of Sales – Sports & NHL, Rogers Media. “The goal is to provide an incredible fan experience both on-site and in broadcast, and we look forward to working with these brands to deliver that to our audience.”
The Rogers™ Hometown Hockey™ brand integrations for the 2017-18 season include:
- Continuing as title sponsor, Rogers presents the Rogers Fan Hub featuring innovative and technology-driven interactive experiences, showcasing virtual autographs to unite fans in their passion for the game.
- Scotiabank returns as a presenting partner of the tour, leading the night as a first period sponsor for every Sunday broadcast and on site with the Scotiabank Community Locker Room activation – a family-friendly space to engage hockey fans, celebrate the game, and interact with NHL Alumni.
- Dodge returns as presenting partner of the ‘On the Road’ broadcast feature highlighting NHL®stars such as Ryan Getzlaf, Corey Perry and Brent Seabrook. On-site, Dodge will feature its famous hockey-themed Stow ’n Go Challenge as well as the chance to win a 2018 Chrysler Pacifica and $5,000 for a local minor hockey association. All contest entrants will receive a Dodge Hometown Hockey retro toque.
- Dr. Oetker returns with the ‘My Hometown’ broadcast segment highlighting each tour stop, along with the Dr. Oetker Gissiuppe Pizzeria, which provides fans with free pizza as the tour moves across the county.
- OK Tire returns to the broadcast and is pleased to announce their new on-site activation featuring a pit-crew-like experience where fans have the opportunity to test their tire changing skills on a replica Zamboni.
- Playmobil Canada returns to sponsor the Playmobil Kids Zone, where fans have the chance to face-off against friends and family with the PLAYMOBIL NHL Arena and its lineup of NHL figures.
- In addition to being the tour broadcaster, Sportsnet® will provide attendees with an augmented reality experience that gives fans the chance to feel close to their favorite player. Fans can take photos with virtual images of NHL players, and have the photo emailed directly to their device.
- Tim Hortons joins the Hometown Hockey family for the 2017-18 season, complete with the Slo-Mo Replay Camera broadcast sponsorship and a custom content series. Their on-site activation includes the Tim Hortons Ball Hockey Rink presented by Sportsnet, which features pick-up games for the community, including local Timbits Hockey players.
- Bauer Hockey also joins the tour, providing street hockey equipment for the Tim Hortons Ball Hockey Rink presented by Sportsnet. The street hockey equipment is available for everyone to test out.
- AMJ Campbell joins the tour to provide logistical components and support essential to running the 24 stops across Canada.
“We are excited to once again be presenting sponsor of Rogers Hometown Hockey and to be offering families a place to celebrate Canada’s game at the Scotiabank Community Locker Room,” said Jacquie Ryan, Vice President, Sponsorship & Philanthropy at Scotiabank. “Scotiabank has been investing in our communities for 185 years. We aim to support initiatives that help young people reach their infinite potential on and off the ice. Our involvement with Rogers Hometown Hockey is another example of this commitment and our love for the game.”
“At Dodge, we are passionate about hockey and about giving back to local communities,” said Reid Bigland, President and CEO, FCA Canada. “Our partnership with Rogers Hometown Hockey over the past four years and our Dodge Caravan Kids novice hockey team sponsorship program, stemming 12 years, has allowed us to build lasting connections in Canadian communities, from the local rink up to Sunday night’s headline game. While the vehicles we build are perfectly suited to a hockey family’s lifestyle – like Dodge Grand Caravan, Chrysler Pacifica and Ram 1500 – enriching the hockey experience for customers and fans is what keeps us motivated.”
Rogers Hometown Hockey gets underway October 7 and 8 in Niagara Falls, ON. The festival will feature all of the above activations as well as a performance from award-winning Canadian country star Tim Hicks, and an outdoor viewing party of an NHL game between the Montreal Canadiens and New York Rangers on Sportsnet hosted by Ron MacLean and Tara Slone.
Social Media Links
Like Rogers Hometown Hockey www.Facebook.com/RogersHometownHockey
Follow Rogers Hometown Hockey on Twitter @HometownHockey_ #HometownHockey
Follow Rogers Hometown Hockey on Instagram @HometownHockey
Official website, Sportsnet www.sportsnet.ca
Like Sportsnet www.Facebook.com/Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Twitter @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Instagram @Sportsnet
Follow Ron MacLean @RonMacLeanHTH
Follow Tara Slone @TaraSlone
About the Hometown Hockey Tour presented by Scotiabank and Dodge
The Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour rolls into 24 communities across Canada this season with a weekend of free outdoor hockey festivities for all ages. The weekend culminates in an outdoor viewing party of an NHL game broadcast every Sunday on Sportsnet and Sportsnet NOW, with Ron MacLean and Tara Slone hosting live on site from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio. For more information on the tour, please follow Rogers Hometown Hockey on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Sportsnet is Canada’s #1 sports media brand, uniting Canadians through sport with the content they love, accessible from anywhere. Delivering world-class storytelling on a local, regional, national and global level, the multiplatform brand consists of Sportsnet, sportsnet.ca, Sportsnet 590 The FAN, Sportsnet 960 The FAN, Sportsnet 650, Sportsnet NOW, and the Sportsnet app. Sportsnet consists of four regional channels (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific), and the nationally-distributed Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360, and Sportsnet World. Sportsnet is the official Canadian NHL national multimedia rights holder, and is also the official regional television broadcast rights holder for the Calgary Flames (including radio rights on Sportsnet 960 The FAN), Edmonton Oilers, Toronto Maple Leafs (including radio rights on Sportsnet 590 The FAN) and Vancouver Canucks (including radio rights on Sportsnet 650). Sportsnet also has exclusive TV & radio coverage of all 162 Blue Jays games, as well as other MLB games, Toronto Raptors, NBA, Grand Slam of Curling, Rogers Cup, CHL, IndyCar, and extensive soccer programming including Premier League, Bundesliga, FA Cup and 2018 FIFA World Cup European Qualifiers.
Rogers is a leading diversified Canadian communications and media company that’s working to deliver a great experience to our customers every day. We are Canada’s largest provider of wireless communications services and one of Canada’s leading providers of cable television, high-speed Internet, information technology, and telephony services to consumers and businesses. Through Rogers Media, we are engaged in radio and television broadcasting, sports, televised and online shopping, magazines, and digital media. Our shares are publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: RCI.A and RCI.B) and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RCI).
Jordan Kerbel, firstname.lastname@example.org, (m) 437.995.3880
Sarah Grossman, email@example.com, (m) 416.509.9694Back to news
September 27, 2017